Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Welcome to 2007!
~*~ HAPPY NEW YEAR! ~*~


Welcome to my 2007 Reading Log! Here's where I will catalog my list of books read for the year. I usually average about 55 books per year, but last year I fell short due to a few reading slumps, and my taking part in NaNoWriMo.

I read a great variety of books, except for erotica, westerns, sci fi, and books with a lot of foul-language... I just don't need to waste my time. ~*~ Usual genres include: Christian NonFiction, Christian Fiction, memoirs, biographies, regency romances, and general fiction. ~*~ I love books about Ancient Egypt, and those set in Regency England. ~*~ My favorite authors include Susan May Warren, Gaelen Foley, Christian Jacq, Lisa Wingate, and Karen Kingsbury. ~*~ I collect the Classics, hoping that someday my kids will want some "meaty" reading. ;o)

Also, I review books. I'm a freelance reviewer for Bethany House publishers, and a guest book reviewer over at The Christian Book Report. My Bethany House reviews can usually be found over on my reviews blog.

Here's to a year of great reading! Oh, and be sure to check out the Sidebar for links to the Challenges I'm taking part in this year!

HAPPY READING!
posted by VillageCafe @ 7:39 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you read Traci DuPree's books? One is A Can of Peas and another is Dandilions in a Jelly Jar. They are very touching books.

    I enjoyed them quite a bit.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger VillageCafe said…

    Janet - No, I've not read those yet, but I have them in my collection! Hopefully, I'll get to them soon! ;o)

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Janet - No, I've not read her books, yet. But, I own the first two. :o) Hopefully I'll get to them soon!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your picture (the books on the shelf)!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
MIZBOOKS' 2007
READING LOG

Books read in 2007
About Me

Name: VillageCafe
Home: Canada
About Me: I am a Book Ministry Leader, meaning I am passionate about helping others grow through reading GREAT books!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
My Rating System:
  • A - Excellent! Hard to put down!
  • B - Enjoyable ... I'd recommend it
  • C - Average
  • D - Annoying ... probably not worth your time
  • E - Awful! Should've thrown it at the wall!
Current/Upcoming Challenges
  • Classics Challenge
    (Jan-Dec. '07)
  • Chunkster Challenge
    (Jan-Jun. '07)
  • 2007 TBR Challenge
    (Jan-Dec.'07)
Subscribe

Subscribe with Bloglines

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

SITE STATS